July is the month of spending! This is a month that is based on one of Gretchen Rubin’s months. We will be moving house soon so it’s the perfect time to save some money, sell some stuff and buy some new things. We also have our wedding to save up for so as well as buying good quality things that we need, it’s also a great time to save some money! The resolutions I’ve chosen are:
- Indulge in a modest splurge – I have several ideas for this: a new bed, things for the wedding, kitchen bits for the new house. I think a new bed and mattress is the one I’ll go for!
- Sell some items – moving house is the perfect opportunity to get rid of stuff and declutter. I’m going to sell things that are still good but that we just don’t want anymore. Furniture etc I’ll sell on Facebook, books and dvds can be sold on Music Magpie and clothing can be donated.
- Give something up – this means giving up something unnecessary that I spend money on. I’m going to give up bottled drinks and unnecessary eating out. I don’t need to buy drinks – I have a bottle that I can fill up. I don’t need to buy lunch so often and we definitely don’t need to eat out or have takeaways as often as we do. I’ll be giving these things up.
- Only buy what’s needed – linking to the previous resolution, I won’t be buying things that aren’t needed. Food, clothes, books etc. I really want to declutter for our new house do minimalism is my new thing!
- Save money – the result of the above resolutions should result in money being saved. All this money can go towards the wedding and new house.
Hopefully, by the end of July, I will have decluttered, earnt money, saved money and indulged in something special! Watch this space and as always, I’ll update you at the end of the month!